Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Meetings Meetings Meetings

I just got home from meetings and have but one question. Why can 99.9% of meetings be forgotten and turned into a half page memo instead. I have sat through two LONG days of new teacher meetings and the only thing I got was anxious, something i did not have before the meetings. Plus the weather was awesome and I would have much preferred sitting by the pool. What they said was part of the reasons for these meetings were to build a community. What I say is what builds community better than sunshine, burgers and a ice cold bear. I think we all would have bonded much more over that fresh brewed taste rather than how to correctly read and negotiate the differences between a 504 and IEP plan.
Only three more days to go.
Can't i just start teaching!

No comments: